7.20.2008

Saul Warren's birthday - June 19, 2008

I hope this is the last bit of catch up. Then the goal is to keep up-to-date with pictures and stories about Saul growing up. I still haven't gotten to the other reason for the name of my blog . . . another day.

Here's a picture of Aaron and me heading out the door to the hospital around 5:30 in the morning. It was taken by our doula, Jill, and is a good representation of how HUGE I got carrying our little guy.


We were so glad we had Doula Jill with us! I'm not sure that Aaron or I would have thought about morning traffic. But she made sure we understood that we should either go early or we wouldn't want to go until around 9 a.m. Things were moving quickly enough, we went for the earlier option and are very glad we did. Saul was born at 12:40 in the afternoon.

Here's a picture of Saul very shortly after he was born. It's one of my favorite pictures, partly because the facial expression is one that I continue to see and love.

And here's another picture of the little guy. In both this and the last picture, you can see that he had not yet been cleaned up. But, he had already made his first poo and was working on sucking.


No comments: