12.27.2008

Christmas Morning with Saul

Santa was a little lame this year, but we figure it's the only year he/she can get away with it. We never did manage to get the tree in the house. We got a live tree and Aaron put it in the garage to dry out so we could bring it in last weekend. But, then the weather got nasty and it was slick and the tree is heavy and then there was a snow drift IN the garage. Then I decided that it would be cool to decorate it Christmas Eve, but then we didn't. By Christmas morning Aaron suggested that we could bring it in and, well, the motivation was gone. I just couldn't see putting that much effort into it when we would simply take it back down four days later. There are plenty of other things to spend time on this year.

To be even more lame, Saul only had one thing in his stocking from Santa and it was pre-owned, used, re-gifted, whatever you want to call it. In fact, he'd pre-slobbered it, though I guess this means that we knew he would like it! Michelle got the rubber giraffe (Sophie) for Claire (see picture below). Saul showed his affection by slobbering on it so much that Michelle just gave it to him. I'd planned to get him one for his stocking, but he just couldn't wait and then the weather got bad and I didn't get to the store in time. So, for the sake of it, we still placed Sophie the giraffe in the stocking, partly because it just looked so cute and I wanted a picture to prove that we did something. And, more importantly, I wanted a picture to show off Michelle's handiwork - she made the beautiful stocking just for Saul.

Then, Saul got his one big present, an activity cube. The plan is for Santa to leave presents unwrapped. The cute pajamas he's wearing are part of another tradition we're hoping to start - wearing Christmas pajamas all day. And he did wear them all day! I just made sure to change his diaper extra frequently to avoid any leakage.




No comments: