9.13.2009

July 27 was a busy (and hot) day!

Apparently, hot days made for busy days. While organizing pictures this afternoon I realized just how much Michelle and I did with Saul and Claire on a single Monday (my day off). We went to a great little park in Northeast Portland in the morning before naptime. Then, in the early afternoon when our homes were just waaaaay too hot, we took the kids to OMSI. What I remember most about our fun day is the following:

1. The morning park time was an effort to get outside before it got over 85. We had a week or so that was in the high 90s and as high as 107, so we were attempting to get the kids fresh air before it felt like a sauna outside.

2. By afternoon, our goal was to enjoy AC. Unfortunately, I somehow overlooked the lack of AC in the car, which made the leaving and returning uncomfortable. When I put Saul in the car for the ride home from OMSI he very weakly said to me, "Hoooooot," demonstrating his full understanding of the definition of the word. Originally we applied "hot" to describe "hot coffee" or "hot tea", etc. He continues to lean towards hot beverages on the coffee table at the coffee shop with his hands down at his sides and exclaims, "Hot!" We learned during the summer hot stretch that he had expanded the meaning to describe the Volvo oven I so cruelly made him spend time in!
Peaking over the wall of the play structure with Michelle ready to catch one of them if necessary.
Out of focus, but you get the idea - swinging is fun!

Heavy! Saul starting his weight lifting routine at an early age and demonstrating that you don't need a gym membership. The way the kids spent most of their time together - one going and one coming.
They explored lots and were off to the next thing lickety-split.

Who needs the "stars and stripes" when you can have "balls and stripes".
Claire watching the fishies at OMSI. They're in a perfect location for little people.

No comments: