Unfortunately, we experience a few not too pleasant things in Salida. I mention them here, as they followed us to Ouray. We think Saul was impacted by a combination of elevation and change in foods. The result was a long night of vomiting and a very sleepy day recovering in Salida while Aaron went out mineral collecting. There was further vomiting in the car on the drive to Ouray and we ended up taking the whole car seat apart at our Ouray hotel in order to get as much smell out as possible.
Then, whatever Aaron had for breakfast in Salida caused a couple of days of food poisoning (the entire time in Ouray). The first 24-hours were awful and he compares it to Montezuma's Revenge in Mexico. All I know is that in a small hotel room, the sounds coming from the bathroom made me feel awful for him. By the next morning, Saul and I ventured out and got some activity and fresh air while Aaron took a warm bath and slept. They took their afternoon nap together while I escaped, er, I mean, went for a walk around the beautiful little town and sat in a great coffee shop and read my book. Saul clearly wasn't 100% yet. Aaron called when I was only 2 minutes away and all I could hear was, "Mama. Cuddle you!!" It was one of the only times he didn't wake up happy during the trip.
Aaron was determined to get some good pictures of the gorgeous terrain and scenery in the Ouray area, so he drove a portion of the infamous "million dollar highway" and called that good for exploration. We ventured out to get dinner and then both boys were asleep by 8ish. Unfortunately, Aaron's system was only partially improved and his sleep remained very broken. The next morning we drove on to Moab. I insisted on doing the driving! Aaron was still quite weak and very tired. It was the only driving I did the entire trip!
Saul exploring.



No comments:
Post a Comment