I recently selected yarn for baby boy #2's blanket and decided that I wanted to make squares and assemble quilt like. All I've determined thus far are the colors and the pattern for the square. The challenge now is the overall pattern of assembly. Below are three options I'm leaning towards. Personally, at least this evening I'm most torn between 2 of the options (I won't say which two), but am including all three options.
Option #1: The most straightforward and requiring the least amount of additional work before assembling. Dark chocolate brown down the middle . On the right side, turquoise and variegated turquoise for two rows and then the burnt orange and variegated orange on the outside. On the left side, the equivalent, but with orange and turquoise colors reversed.
Option #2: No dark brown at all (though the burnt orange looks brown in this picture. The variegated orange is the X that creates the four quadrants. Top and bottom quadrant is largely made up of solid and variegated turquoise. Left and right quadrants have the burnt orange and then set of three turquoise to fill in. Unfortunatley, to finish the pattern I basically need to make the other half.





1 comment:
My order of preference:
#3, #2, #1.
Unless the pregnant lady with a toddler simply wants to have less work to do. Then #1 is obviously the best answer.
Post a Comment