Week 2 with Reunan was pretty mellow. Aaron was home. Saul was in school. We definitely had some adjustment issues, but I think we were still in the new baby, family of four daze.
Mom arrived on Thursday, March 17, all prepared to help out the week of Saul's spring break. When we agreed on the week of March 21 we didn't realize Saul wasn't going to be in school. It worked out perfectly - at least for me - as I can't imagine if we'd been alone that week. But, it meant more work for her, helping to entertain Saul and helping with Reunan when I took some time with just Saul. Unfortunately, we sent Mom home with a nasty cold. Not the kind of gift I would have intended!
Aaron's nasty cold/flu thing came back a few days after Reunan was born. It's like his body held on when it needed and then needed to finish the course. The lack of sleep didn't help! And, Saul's had colds and ear infections so much recently that I'm convinced that the two of them have been handing the cold back and forth, particularly as they've shared a bed since Reunan was born.
Being parents to two sweet boys is amazing. Saul's immediate care for his little brother is precious! When we got home from school one day last week Saul cuddled with Reunan and said, "Hi, little brother. I missed you today. I love you." And, Reunan gave a few of his best smiles so far to Saul.Below are pictures from the last few weeks.
Mom holding Reunan. Mom held him many evenings as I was starting bed time routine with Saul. However, Reunan would inevitably cry for much of that time despite Mom's efforts. This was one of the best peaceful moments for the two of them.
Close up.
Reunan reading...well, you know.
Reunan at nearly 3 1/2 weeks old. Little chipmunk. 






No comments:
Post a Comment